What benefits are there for the SLE?
- A formal accreditation recognising highly valued skills and expertise
- High quality CPD for other staff
- Working autonomously and independently
- Experience of working collaboratively with others and networking with peers
- Being creative and trying out new ideas
- Developing coaching and facilitation skills
- Working in other contexts, processes and styles and different school environments
- Learning from ideas and approaches used in other schools, to improve their own performance and that of colleagues in their own school
- Improving in his or her current role, to support opportunities for promotion.
Benefits for the SLE’s School
- The basic rate of £300.00 per day for SLE deployment comes into the SLE’s School (minus a £50.00 administration charge)
- SLEs are motivated and re-energized by undertaking such leadership roles which can in turn support staff retention.
- SLEs will further develop their coaching and mentoring skills which can then be used to support colleagues in their own school.
- SLEs experience working in other school contexts which supports developing practice in their own school.
- School-to-school support enables the sharing and development of outstanding, innovative practice, which can benefit both schools in a partnership.
How to Apply
The next application round is now open and will close on Friday 16th March 2018, with interviews held at Wigmore on Tuesday 20th March 2018 . We are currently looking for SLEs with specialisms in: Assessment, Art, Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Computer Science, Closing the Gap, Drama, Design and Technology, EYFS, Geography, History, Music, ITT/NQT Development, Phonics, Early Maths, Early Literacy and SEND. We also are looking for Science Technicians and Teaching Assistants.
Download and fill in the Application Form below